Monday, March 8, 2021

Cocoa & Crafts--A chocolate surprise!

Hello there, and welcome to March! Today we are starting this month's Cocoa & Crafts class with a double slider chocolate treat holder. Well, that's a mouthful! I remember making double slider cards many, many years ago when I first started as a Stampin' Up! demo. This is the same concept but a bit thicker to make room for a Ghirardelli square to hide inside. 


 I was scrolling through Youtube looking for ideas when I came across this project on Stamp Around the Corner.  I did tweak the measurements just slightly as my wrappers seemed to be a little longer than the ones she used and I didn't want them peeking out. This is such a fun project, and is actually easier than it seems. 


Here are the measurements I used: 

  • Base: 7 1/2 x 3
    • score along the long side at 3/8, 3/4, 2 7/8, 3 1/4 and 5 3/8
    • cut notches top and bottom of the large rectangle portion on the end. 
  • Slide out base (chocolate side): 2 x 3 1/8 (cut end with tag punch)
  • Slide out base (sentiment side): 2 x 2 5/8 (round corners of one short side)
  • White sentiment piece: 1 7/8 x 2 1/2 (round corners of one short side)
And, as usual, if you didn't get the Cocoa & Crafts kit for this month, here's the items you would need to make this project: 


I will be back next week with project #2, a fun card that doubles as a gift card/money holder. See you then!

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment