Sunday, November 29, 2020

December Suite Sampler Samples.


Hello there! I pray you are enjoying the season wherever you may be right now. We just celebrated Thanksgiving this week, and while 2020 has been a bit challenging, we have so, so many things to be thankful for. For one, I am thankful for you and all those who not only craft, but use that talent to bless others. 

In a recent newsletter to my customers, I showed them the cards above. I set myself a challenge to use just two sheets of DSP, along with cardstock and ribbon from this month's Suite Sampler. I did use the matching stamp set, but only for the sentiments, which could easily be swapped out for sentiments in stamp sets you may already own. 

I started by cutting poinsettias from one of the 6x12 sheets of DSP to use as the focal points on most of the cards instead of stamping. Each kit has two of these sheets, so you could make twice as many cards as I did. 

I then took a second piece of 6x12 DSP and cut it up as you see below. I don't have exact measurements for you, but I started by cutting off a 3/4 x 12 strip from a long side and then dividing the remaining piece into three 5 1/4x4 pieces. I then cut those pieces up to make the individual pieces you see. Remember, this is double sided DSP, so while it looks like wood in this picture, the other side has the red berries, so I was able to get a variety of looks with just this one sheet. 


What do you think? I'm excited to have a few of my Christmas cards ready to go along with a thank you and blank card, and I still have lots left over from my kit to make more projects. I also liked the non-traditional colors on some of the cards. 

If you are interested in this kit, check out the page listed above labeled "Suite Sampler". The deadline to order is Tuesday, December 1st, so there isn't much time (sorry, I meant to post this before Thanksgiving, but cooking happened instead. 😋)

Till next time...

God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment