Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Little Office Makeover

Before I get into the make-over just wanted to remind you about Sale-A-Bration. FREE Goodies!!

I thought I'd share a little organizing project I took on this past week. Actually, it was already organized, I just made it a little prettier.

This is what I started with. I bought these little baskets at the Y100 store several years ago when we lived in Japan. I'm sure you can find something similar here as well. I originally liked them because they were clear and it was easy to see what was inside them. I dislike them now because they are clear and you can see what's inside them. :o) Does that make any sense? They are organized, but there's just so much visual clutter. Not to mention the markers in the bottom basket were constantly coming through the holes in the front and back. I thought of putting a piece of paper inside to keep the pens in. Of course, I have this huge stash of pretty paper, so why not do all of the baskets. 


Well, this is better, but now I don't know what's inside the baskets, and since these are all above my head, it would be nice to know without having to pull them all off the shelf to look inside.


A quick trip into my craft supplies and I found these awesome label holders. I like that they go on with brads which would make this easy to change out if needed. I made labels, and then just poked the brads through the holes in the baskets and the paper.


Voila! No more escaping pens!


Much better.


This was a super quick project that made a TON of difference in this little corner.  It was also a great way to use some of my retired Stampin' Up! paper and labels. I love this paper, it matches my office walls so well. I may just have to go buy some more since it's still available on the clearance rack at 60% off! I also love that this is temporary and I could easily change out the paper with different seasons or when I decide to change the wall color. 

So, tell me any projects you've done using scrapbook paper that wasn't for a scrapbook. 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment