Monday, January 14, 2019

Mail A Card Monday With Lovely Lattice

Hello there!

It's Mail A Card Monday, and it just so happens that I had cards to mail out to my awesome team members. It was just a little something to say Happy New Year to them. I decided I wanted to play with the beautiful new Lovely Lattice that you can get FREE right now with Sale-a-Bration. Isn't it a gorgeous set?


I really wanted to play around with this one and do some watercoloring, so I used watercolor paper. I started by embossing the image in gold which made the watercoloring much easier. I just kind of had to stay in the lines.

For the watercoloring I first got my "palettes" ready. I squished some ink onto the lid of my ink pad by firmly pressing the bottom and top of the pad together. I then placed a drop of reinker of the same color off to one side. This gave me basically two shades of the same color with the reinker drop being the darker. To do each flower, I started by spreading a layer of plain water over the entire flower with an Aqua Painter and then filled in with the lighter color of the flower. I then made sure a couple of petals were wet (sometimes I had to lean my head over to get a reflection from the window to make sure it was wet) and then I just touched the tip of my Aqua Painter in the reinker drop and then touched it to the base of the petals. As long as the petal was still wet, the reinker would spread out giving a nice gradient look. I did this all around the petal working a few petals at a time. The smaller flowers were done in one go. I actually made each of the cards with different colors so I could see how they looked, but I got so excited about mailing them out I forgot to take pictures until I'd already sealed three of them in their envelopes. :o( At least they will be a bit of a surprise to the recipients. The one was done with Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive.

Have you seen the new Butterfly Beauty Thinlet dies. Oh my! So many butterflies! It has two large, absolutely amazing dies, but it also includes LOTS and LOTS of small and tiny butterflies. The tiny ones are the size of rhinestones and were the perfect accent to my bouquet. I cut them from gold foil paper to match the embossing and the gold foil strip along the side. To give my focal point a little extra "somthin' somthin' ", I rounded and punched each corner with our Detailed Trio Punch.


It was really hard to photograph this so you could see the shiny embossing.


What do you think? I hope you get a chance to put something in the mail soon to brighten someone's day. 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment