Friday, January 9, 2015

Blendabilities Chalkboard Effect

Hello there! I said I would be back with a sneak peak of a project for this month's Tips, Tools and Technique class and here I am. What do you think?


I made this card by embossing the images in white and then coloring them in with our Blendabilities Markers.  I love how the colors just pop off the background, and it was super easy and quick. :o)

Here's a quick storage tip for you. My friend Georgia posted this great tip a while back, and I'm just now getting around to implementing it. I was already using our Wood Mount Stamp Cases to store my Blendabilities, but this tip helps to hold them on either side. Bonus, it uses up something I would normally have thrown away--broken hair ties. I suppose you could use new ones and cut them, or just some elastic, but since we always seem to have broken hair ties around, that's the route I took.

Use the Paper Piercing Tool to poke a hole about half way down on all 4 of the longer sides. 
My daughter and I have very thick hair, so the hair ties we have are pretty thick and I needed my holes to be quite large, so I poked a pair of tweezers I had in the holes and wriggled it back and forth. If your ties are smaller, you could probably get away with just wriggling the Paper Piercer around. 
Then thread a broken hair tie through the hole. This may take a bit of wriggling. If my ties had been thinner, I would have used a floss threader to pull it through. Instead, I just wriggled and poked till it went through. (This project really would have been easier with smaller hair ties)
Tie a knot in the hair tie on the outside of your box. Stretch it across the inside to the opposite hole, poke it in, pull it tight and tie another knot.
You can store your markers in one of two ways; either in the original box, or out. You can see here that if you take them out of the box, you can fit 3 sets on one side. I think I'm going to go with that method. It will also make it easier to see what colors are in which box.
Keep in mind you do not want to store these in a typical upright position. Markers are best stored on their side. 

I guess that's about it for today. Hope you have a super crafty day and I will be back next week with some more fun projects. Oh, and if you'd like to see another project for this month's Tips, Tools and Techniques class, check out my Facebook page. 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment