Thursday, September 4, 2014

September SOTM #4

Hello there. How are you this fine day? We had quite a storm blow through here yesterday and are ever so grateful that the tree that decided to lose it's top last night dropped it away from the house. Simple blessings. It seems strange to hear the creek flowing again after so many weeks of quiet.

Anyway, I know you're here to see the Stamp of the Month project for today. In case you forgot, the stamp set is Gorgeous Grunge, and here is my card:
I have to admit that this card was almost completely cased from this card I saw on Pinterest. The only change I made was to the buttons and the embossing folder. The card was actually done a couple of months ago while the Olympics were going on and my demonstrator friend challenged us to make a card using gold, so I switched out the buttons for some Champagne Glimmer Paper hearts. I LOVE this paper. There really is no such thing as a "scrap" piece with it because you can take a tiny piece, add it to a card and you have an instant sparkly embellishment. Love!
I also used some of our gold sequins and gold embossing powder for the sentiment.

The color palette for this card is Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, and Baked Brown Sugar (which really looks like a non-sparkly gold color).

Well, what do you think so far? Lots of ideas to use this set with. As I mentioned yesterday, my new holiday stamps came in and I got to play with them a bit. I even managed to use Gorgeous Grunge on a Christmas card. I'll show that one to you tomorrow.

Till then...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment