Saturday, April 14, 2018

Stampin' Up's! 2018 Retiring Colors

Hello there!

I'm sure you've probably heard by now that Stampin' Up! is introducing a color revamp this June when the new Idea Book and Catalog goes live. Not only will there be new colors introduced and old ones returning, but they've also redesigned the ink pads themselves. I got to play with the new ones last weekend while I attended OnStage and I really like the new, streamlined look. For those of us that have been using SU pads for quite a while, it will take a bit to get used to, simply because they open slightly different than our current pads. Everyone at our table kept trying to push the pads forward to open them. The new ones are actually easier to open, just different, and different takes some getting used to. :o)

I will write another post on the new colors and pads a little later, but for now I wanted to share with you the colors that we will have to say "good by" to. I know, it hurts my heart too to see some of these go. We've been good friends for quite some time (yes, Chocolate Chip, I'm talking to you). There has been some confusion when looking at the retiring list that is on the website. It lists ALL the colors. That's simply because all the colors are retiring in the old pad style. Most of the colors will stay, they will just be in the new pads. The colors listed below are the ones that are actually retiring, as in not coming back. :o( We will also be losing our Archival Black and Basic Gray, but both colors will still be available, just in different forms; the black in the form of Staz-On and Memento, and the gray as one of our Classic Stampin' Pads.


(The names above will take you to my store and show you what's available in that color.)

Why am I sharing this with you? Because I know some of you love these colors just as much as I do. If you have the ink pads for any of these, I highly recommend you pick up some re-inkers so your pads will last you as long as possible. You may also want to stock up on cardstock and/or ribbons in your favorite colors.

One other confusion on the retiring list. All of the bundles are retiring, but not all of the stamps/dies. Many of the stamp sets and dies in those bundles are staying, but they will not be available as a bundle which means you would miss out on the discount. Does that make sense? My suggestion is, if you see something on the list that you love, order it quick! Everything on there is "while supplies last", so don't delay.

Well, I spent the afternoon putting together a bit of a different area for taking photos, and got pictures of several projects I want to share with you, including some more ideas for April's Suite Sampler. I'm waiting on the order for that now and will get those divided up and out to everyone early next week, I hope. It looks like we may get a snow day from church tomorrow, so I may have a little extra time to get some posts ready for next week. :o) (Yes, it is the middle of April and we are still looking at up to 3 feet of snow in some areas of my yard (namely my flower bed) and they say we're supposed to get several more inches tonight. I might get to take my outdoor Christmas decor down before the 4th of July, but I'm not counting on it!)

Anyway, just for fun, please comment below with which of the retiring colors you will miss the most. I would love to hear from you! Mine will definitely be Chocolate Chip, with Island Indigo a very close second.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment