Monday, February 19, 2018

Mail a Card Monday--on a Tuesday

I recently saw a post where a Stampin' Up! demonstrator has decided to mail a card (or several) every Monday. I don't remember where I saw the post, and now there are several doing it, so I don't even know who to credit for the original idea, but I want to thank her and jump on this bandwagon myself. I have SOOOO many cards in my stash. Every class I do I usually cut extra, just in case, then there are the swaps that I have done, and my Paper Pumpkin kits. That has added up to a LOT of cards.


See what I mean? As you can see, I haven't been very good at mailing cards out either. I honestly can't even give you a good excuse as to why I don't. My teenage daughter should have been my example. She was bored one day so I told her to write a letter to a friend, and you know what, she has been so diligent in sending letters to both friends and family over the last couple of years. I don't think a week goes by that she doesn't put a letter in the mail. Seriously, what is my excuse? So, I'm going to set a goal to send at least one card out every Monday. This week I'm sending out 4 because I am behind on birthday greetings. (Did I mention something about not mailing cards out?) 

I was all excited last night about starting this goal and then I remembered that today, Monday, is a holiday--no mail today. That's OK. I got the cards ready and they are currently snug in the mailbox (along with one of my daughter's letters) waiting for our awesome mail carrier to pick them up tomorrow. 


The picture is to show that I did get them all ready to go. The card on top is just there to hide the addresses. :o) I actually CASED that card directly from page 34 of the Occasions catalog. I bought the set specifically to make this card as I had a sweet friend in mind to send it to. I actually made two, and believe it or not I DID send the first card to my friend a couple weeks ago. 

Next week I hope to send out some more happy mail. I know several people I need to thank for various reasons, and some that could use some encouragement. Maybe I'll keep a few cards in my purse for those "waiting" times (doctors, violin lessons, etc). Or, maybe I'll stash a few in the kitchen to write in when I'm waiting for dinner to simmer or bake instead of checking my phone or computer. I'm sure if I think hard enough I can find plenty of minutes in my day that can be better spent encouraging someone else. 

How about you? When was the last time you sent some happy mail to someone? 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment