Friday, September 23, 2016

Happy Fall Y'all!

Yep, it's officially fall here. It was kind of funny how the trees in my yard waited till the official first day of fall to really start changing colors. Now there's an explosion of yellows, reds and golds all over my deck and yard. Sigh. I love this time of year.

Anyway, fall means school is back in session and there's a little more routine to our day. I've been able to spend some of my evenings in the craft room playing with some of the new sets in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. If you haven't seen it, you should really check it out. There are so many fun sets, I had a really hard time figuring out which ones to play with first. Since I volunteered to do a Product Spotlight of the Santa's Sleigh bundle for our demonstrator meeting tomorrow I pulled that one out to start. So much fun! Here's one of the items I made:


Isn't that the cutest? It's just the right size to hold a couple of chocolates or maybe a tiny gift box.The dies for this set are amazing! I love the sleigh pieces. So ornate, but super easy to use. I used Aqua Painters to add a little color to the deer hooves and noses. Here's a shot so you can see how I made it stand up:


When I did the original, I just used a couple of scrap pieces and cut and scored them to fit, but I sat down and measured it out just now and here's a quick diagram of how to cut the center pieces. They may not be the exact size as mine, but they should fit.


Oops, the left side should say "score 1/4 inch on each side".

I hope to have time tomorrow to share with you another one of the projects I made with this set.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment